Author Topic: Temptation  (Read 655 times)

Meg

• DreamTeam Members
    • View Profile
Temptation
« on: April 18, 2019, 08:19:56 AM »
Hey Dream Team friends!

Since I've been doing a little study on the topic of temptation thought I'd share a verse about it:

"Do you think the Scriptures have no meaning? They say that God is passionate that the spirit he has placed within us should be faithful to him. And he gives grace generously. As the Scriptures say, 'God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble.' So humble yourselves before God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you." James 4:5-7

cloudrf

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Temptation
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2019, 10:45:15 AM »
Temptation is a very complicated subject, but if you can resist temptation, it will not envelope you.

Meg

• DreamTeam Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2019, 04:00:09 PM »
You are so right. It IS very complicated. The first step is submitting to God. That's hard to do sometimes for anyone. The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak.

cloudrf

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2019, 07:54:34 PM »
Another Misunderstood notion is fear rather than devotion. The word interpretations have changed a lot.

Meg

• DreamTeam Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2019, 08:46:38 PM »
You mean like the "fear" of God? This kind of fear is generally understood to be meant as a deep reverence and respect. This is reflected in the original language. Perhaps you mean how the word fear was used in the King James?

cloudrf

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2019, 05:11:43 AM »
you got it.

Meg

• DreamTeam Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2019, 06:45:21 AM »
Ah ok...yes. The Bible uses archaic language. The King James, though an excellent English version is very difficult for the modern ear to understand. Thankfully, there are other very good versions to choose from that are easier to understand and in more modern language.

cloudrf

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2019, 07:04:17 AM »
The original Hebrew Text as it relates to genesis is incorrect they erase 100 from the ages of the begotten sons of Adam. to make it sound more believable, but is incorrect.

Mountainaires

• DreamTeam Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2019, 02:05:56 AM »
Hey Dream Team friends!

Since I've been doing a little study on the topic of temptation thought I'd share a verse about it:

"Do you think the Scriptures have no meaning? They say that God is passionate that the spirit he has placed within us should be faithful to him. And he gives grace generously. As the Scriptures say, 'God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble.' So humble yourselves before God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you." James 4:5-7

Meg, Does it seem to you like the Devil is all around us these days in a massive ‘spiritual warfare’ battle playing out before our eyes?? Maybe I am just getting old, but wow, seems to me like the devil is on a rampage these days.

cloudrf

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2019, 10:34:52 AM »
In more ways than one mountainaires